FANDOM


  • I found this storyline very depressing. Was Juliette nothing before she became a Hexenbiest? It is like she didn't really matter and the whole purpose of her being was to be a vehicle for Adalind ( whose character I didn't like - although I preferred her pre-Nick loveydoveyness ). It is as if she had everything that she had learnt and worked for in her human life taken away from her... for Nick? I am eminently frustrated by this... sighs.

      Loading editor
    • I understand where this sentiment is coming from, but you can think of it as the cost of being a Grimm. Nick's Aunt warned him in the Pilot episode (you could say it was more than just a warning actually, more like a strong recommendation) that he needed to leave Juliette in order to keep her out of harm's way.  Of course, then his mother later advised him to the contrary.  It's up to the fans in the end to decide which advice is best.

      To me at least, I think Kelly was the one who was right in the end, and that's because in the final season, Eve tells Nick that despite everything that had happened, she accepted who she was and had become, telling him that everyone had changed for the better.  I think by the finale, Eve was a stronger version of Juliette -- with more purpose, determination, but with Juliette's humanity and empathy still intact.  Nick and Juliette may not have ended up together, but they both ended up better off I think. Of course, it took that final speech from Eve to officially convince Nick of this; so what was a very tragic event in the short term ended up being good in the long term.

        Loading editor
    • Grimmaniac
      Grimmaniac removed this reply because:
      fixing typo
      21:32, March 19, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Nick and Juliette was always meant to fall the moment the show started. First reason is that their relationship was forged during the days of normality when Nick was human and Wesens were not part of their lives. However, when the show started and Nick's world changes including him in the process, the world of normality that started their relationship shattered due to all the lies and filtered truths. In the end, it was those reasons that end them, with Juliette refusing her new reality and keeping it from Nick while it was happening and then suddenly embracing it and putting it out of control just because she's pissed. I mean, the show didn't fortify their relationship and it didn't develop with them instead it keeps telling us, the audience, that their relationship was never cut for this. That's why Adalind and Nick worked better because there's an ease in their relationship that they didn't need to hold back onto who they are because in the first place their both part of the Wesen world.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, the show literally broke Nick and Juliette down from the very first episode and did very little to build them back up again. It was was one issue after the next, one worse than the last and Nick losing and then getting his sight back (whilst unwittingly sacrificing Juliette's humanity) was the straw that broke that back. They were like night and day, driven by opposing goals (ideals?) they were just not meant to be. Looking back, they should have broken up after Juliette was cured in S2 but they dragged the inevitable for another two whole seasons, much to my disappointment. They didn't gel as a couple compared to Nick with Adalind, who were working with far little writing and even less screen time together, with the added bonus of a tempestuous past to overcome and yet they made it work.

        Loading editor
    • 134.174.140.195 wrote:
      I understand where this sentiment is coming from, but you can think of it as the cost of being a Grimm. Nick's Aunt warned him in the Pilot episode (you could say it was more than just a warning actually, more like a strong recommendation) that he needed to leave Juliette in order to keep her out of harm's way.  Of course, then his mother later advised him to the contrary.  It's up to the fans in the end to decide which advice is best.

      To me at least, I think Kelly was the one who was right in the end, and that's because in the final season, Eve tells Nick that despite everything that had happened, she accepted who she was and had become, telling him that everyone had changed for the better.  I think by the finale, Eve was a stronger version of Juliette -- with more purpose, determination, but with Juliette's humanity and empathy still intact.  Nick and Juliette may not have ended up together, but they both ended up better off I think. Of course, it took that final speech from Eve to officially convince Nick of this; so what was a very tragic event in the short term ended up being good in the long term.

      The series never went into what Adalind felt at the end. I wonder if she, like Eve, would say she's changed and has a purpose. Or would she just look confused and ask, "what do you mean?"

        Loading editor
    • 72.213.50.19 wrote:
      134.174.140.195 wrote:
      I understand where this sentiment is coming from, but you can think of it as the cost of being a Grimm. Nick's Aunt warned him in the Pilot episode (you could say it was more than just a warning actually, more like a strong recommendation) that he needed to leave Juliette in order to keep her out of harm's way.  Of course, then his mother later advised him to the contrary.  It's up to the fans in the end to decide which advice is best.

      To me at least, I think Kelly was the one who was right in the end, and that's because in the final season, Eve tells Nick that despite everything that had happened, she accepted who she was and had become, telling him that everyone had changed for the better.  I think by the finale, Eve was a stronger version of Juliette -- with more purpose, determination, but with Juliette's humanity and empathy still intact.  Nick and Juliette may not have ended up together, but they both ended up better off I think. Of course, it took that final speech from Eve to officially convince Nick of this; so what was a very tragic event in the short term ended up being good in the long term.

      The series never went into what Adalind felt at the end. I wonder if she, like Eve, would say she's changed and has a purpose. Or would she just look confused and ask, "what do you mean?"

      Adalind wondered, aloud, (at least once, to Rosalee, prior to her suppressed powers returning) whether she (Adalind) could change. She even seemed worried about returning to her pre-Nick personality. So, I disagree. I don't think she would answer "what do you mean?" I think her attitude towards him changed after she finally got to know him. Unlike all the other characters on the show, until they started living together, she hadn't spent any time with Nick enough to realize he's not the typical Grimm of all the stories she's heard. I definitely think she made deliberate efforts to adapt herself into Nick's world. And he made deliberate efforts to adapt himself into accepting her.



      On the other hand, I saw the Nick / Juliette relationship as always somewhat one-sided. What I saw was that Nick was constantly trying to make accomodations for Juliette and it hardly ever went the other way around with only one exception: when Juliette had to help Nick get his Grimm power back. The rest of the time, Nick was always trying to accomodate whatever Juliette wanted. For instance, there was a "memory" scene in season 2 of the day Nick and Juliette moved into their home, Juliette found Nick's Elvis lamp and gave him an ultimatium: her or the lamp. Now, perhaps she was only teasing when she said it but the end result was: she forced him to give up something he obviously loved. If Nick was my sweetheart and he had some goofy thing like that lamp when we merged our lives together, it wouldn't matter to me how butt-ugly the thing was: if he loved it, we'd keep it. She shouldn't have forced him to make that choice. That scene was actually when I began disliking Juliette. Because, to my mind, the choice basically boils down to: which do you love more? External appearances (ie, decorating your home with "nice things") or your sweetheart? That Juliette chose "external appearances" instead of her sweetheart says, to me, some pretty bad things about Juliette.

        Loading editor
    • Jassyca wrote:
      72.213.50.19 wrote:
      Adalind wondered, aloud, (at least once, to Rosalee, prior to her suppressed powers returning) whether she (Adalind) could change. She even seemed worried about returning to her pre-Nick personality. So, I disagree. I don't think she would answer "what do you mean?" I think her attitude towards him changed after she finally got to know him. Unlike all the other characters on the show, until they started living together, she hadn't spent any time with Nick enough to realize he's not the typical Grimm of all the stories she's heard. I definitely think she made deliberate efforts to adapt herself into Nick's world. And he made deliberate efforts to adapt himself into accepting her.
      It would seem that, if Adalind has to wonder at all if she could change, then she has no concept of what change is. 
        Loading editor
    • Grimmaniac
      Grimmaniac removed this reply because:
      spam
      22:16, November 10, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • yeah i find it frustrasting too.  to me julliette was the true love of nick's life. look at all that they did for each other more than adalind did for nick. heck that witch bitch would have passed nick's son as somebody elses if her rused hadn't been discovered. to continued that nicka and jullliette's relationship was not one sided. julliette cooked and i believe she did the taxes too. als o wasn't the house in nick's name so he let julliette move in with him. has to the grimm love misfournate i think that it was all perpestive. i mean if grimms are a family then they must thus have families for that to happen. thought on off chance that it's real then adalind would be in danger too and had the show continued adalind would havbe probaly been killed off in some manner. now as too the greater purpose thing about eve I call bull on that. renard, adalnd and hexen julliette all messed with nick's life and got away with it. the show made these crazy scenerios to get them a pass from punishment. adalind pregant. julliette becomes eve and fights wesen terrorists. renard makes a deal.  all of that shows that nick sparring hexenbiests was his recurring weakness that he never overcame and he suffered for it. to close this off i'll state just the numbers. sliver hart 4 seasons. nadalind 1 1/2. sliverhart forever!!!

        Loading editor
    • 2601:140:4102:AE0:0:0:0:3 wrote:
      yeah i find it frustrasting too.  to me julliette was the true love of nick's life. look at all that they did for each other more than adalind did for nick. heck that witch bitch would have passed nick's son as somebody elses if her rused hadn't been discovered. to continued that nicka and jullliette's relationship was not one sided. julliette cooked and i believe she did the taxes too. als o wasn't the house in nick's name so he let julliette move in with him. has to the grimm love misfournate i think that it was all perpestive. i mean if grimms are a family then they must thus have families for that to happen. thought on off chance that it's real then adalind would be in danger too and had the show continued adalind would havbe probaly been killed off in some manner. now as too the greater purpose thing about eve I call bull on that. renard, adalnd and hexen julliette all messed with nick's life and got away with it. the show made these crazy scenerios to get them a pass from punishment. adalind pregant. julliette becomes eve and fights wesen terrorists. renard makes a deal.  all of that shows that nick sparring hexenbiests was his recurring weakness that he never overcame and he suffered for it. to close this off i'll state just the numbers. sliver hart 4 seasons. nadalind 1 1/2. sliverhart forever!!!

      I always wondered, if there had been a season 7, would Adalind have left Nick?

        Loading editor
    • leave no, killed off yes. women in nicks life don't fare well.

        Loading editor
    • they could have explained that the grimm misfournate was really the z beast getting revenge on grimm's for stealing his stick and then when nick killed it the portal that opens up is to the day that adalind trick nick into sex. nick kills adaliind. julliette is safe and with the z beast dead he and julliette can have a non cursed life together. "loving a grimm is never easy but it's worth it" julliette buckhart quotes to her son about his parents trubant lives together.

        Loading editor
    • I actually thought it would have been cool if Juliette had taken Henrietta's place as resident go to hexenbiest. 

        Loading editor
    • Lucille55 wrote:
      I actually thought it would have been cool if Juliette had taken Henrietta's place as resident go to hexenbiest. 

      Maybe as Eve, she can.

        Loading editor
    • 73.172.218.41 wrote:
      "loving a grimm is never easy but it's worth it" 

      The series has never shown this to be a fact, especially on the Burkhardt side. Look at Nick's mother. No one ever came forward, including Nick himself and stated that loving her was worth it. What about Aunt Marie? All Nick himself can say about her is that she was like a mother to him.

      Even the women who lived with Nick daily never comment on what it is about him that makes loving him worth it. 

      Finally there's Trubel herself, which, thankfully, the series never had pair up with anyone.

        Loading editor
    • nick is loyal bar a magic spell shape shift. he's hardworking. he listens to his loves attendly. he as courage and pateince. plenty of love and understanding ( the wholew hexen thing is a mess becuase nick didn't go half cocked on every wesen he saw). many more postive triats yet to be said.

      I also wondered about that grimm bad luck in love thing. I had hoped that it was just a result of thier dark world clouding thier view of ther world. it was one of the things that drew me into the show was seeing if a grimm's life is cursed or it's just thier bias view of things.

      ps. grimm's a great lovers another + trait.

        Loading editor
    • "Nick is loyal bar a magic spell shape shift. he's hardworking. he listens to his loves attendly. he as courage and pateince. plenty of love and understanding ( the wholew hexen thing is a mess becuase nick didn't go half cocked on every wesen he saw). many more postive triats yet to be said."

      And yet, for all of the good traits, why aren't women beating a path to his door? The only other woman he could attract was Adalind and you have to figure that's only because she ended up staying with him. 



      "I also wondered about that grimm bad luck in love thing. I had hoped that it was just a result of thier dark world clouding thier view of ther world. it was one of the things that drew me into the show was seeing if a grimm's life is cursed or it's just thier bias view of things."

      I think the second part of your sentence hit it exactly on the head, "......or it's just their bias view of things".  We only have the Burkhardt clan to go by here, but look at the way they see things. Their view is completely biased.

        Loading editor
    • A Grimmster
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.