FANDOM


  • Well... I know many people believes that the hexenbiest 'spirit' got into Juliette through Adalind. Since she turned into Adalind using the reverse spell she did to turn into Juliette, it is easy to assume that was the reason.

    BUT... think with me: Nick made Adalind's powers go away. That said, Adalind was not an hexenbiest anymore. Then, she passed through the Contaminatio Ritualis and then got another hexenbiest 'spirit'. When Juliette passed through that spell to turn into Adalind to get Nick's powers back, if the hexenbiest 'spirit' was indeed from Adalind, shouldn't Adalind lose her powers to Juliette? Since she didn't, we can just assume that is another hexenbiest and where that hexenbiest came from? I can't really make sense of this. Unless hexenbiests can be made out of nothing. If it is another 'version' of Adalind's hexenbiest then why it is so powerful? Shouldn't Juliette have the same power as Adalind?

    I remember when Monroe got kidnapped, when Juliette asked Rosalee about an ordinary person becoming an hexenbiest, she said that it is possible and generally they become even more powerful than natural/born/inherited hexenbiests. Maybe that is the reason? Or there is something else? What do you think?

      Loading editor
    • It was a side effect of the Verfluchte Zwillingsschwester that Juliette inhaled when she was helping Nick get his powers back

        Loading editor
    • Why was it so much eaiser for Juliette to get powers then for Adalind. It seems strange Adalind goes through the  contaminatie ritual and has much less power.  I would like to think it has something to do with Juliette's bloodline. The one character whos background has not be covered. Juliette is a expert marksman but has never fired a gun.  She becomes a hexenbiest and can use her powers with no instruction. The show explains because Juliette was made is why she has so much power. Then what about Diana. She is way powerful and she was not made. Her dad is a zauberbiest. 

        Loading editor
    • Adalind got her powers back from the ritual Stefania had he undertake.  Was this the only way that Stefania knew how to do this?  Maybe it was a way to kill 2 birds with 1 stone.  Another thing to consider is the witch's hat that was used.  According to Elizabeth it could be one of the "trente-sept (37) from the Malleus Maleficarum also known as the Hammer of the Witches".  Although this sounds impressive, I don't think it has been discussed/explored as to what this is in the show yet.  It also has not been disclosed where a hexenbiest's "spirit" comes from or what it really is.  Is it something you are born with, something that developes from the inside, or an external influence?

        Loading editor
    • I am thinking the ritual was for Diana benefit. Remeber Adalind rub the cream on her stomach. Stefani probably could have restore Adalinds powers anytime she had wanted to. 

        Loading editor
    • We were given another clue in this last episode, 414 - 'Bad Luck'...

      When Adalind was in Renard's car, she was saying something about this..."If Juliette is a Hexenbiest, then that means someone has helped Nick get his powers back" (I'm paraphrasing from memory here).

      So Adalind was acting like the two things were linked together...as though it would be an expected side effect of reversing the spell, for Juliette to be turned into a Hexenbiest.

        Loading editor
    • Was referring to other hexenbiest, but strange that you had not noticed When had this headache,It said something like "that was that" it was by the spell.Elizabeth put it, that the unia in a dangerous way, but hinted that if Juliette is returned hexenbiest is that the spell is broke.-I mean adalind – Elizabet talk about side effects, worse with giving importance as if they were just headaches.Or she does not take into account that Nick was a GRIMM as well as step with baron Samedi

        Loading editor
    • Adalind was referring to another hexenbiest, worse is rare that no s ediera counts when suffered that headache in the Dungeon.Elizabeth talk about side effects and that it would only headache, maybe don't take into account to the GRIMM.as step with baron Samedi.and by the hat - hammer of the witches-also potentium spell

        Loading editor
    • After Elizabeth made such a big deal about the hat. I am thinking the hat had more to do with Juliette becoming a hexenbiest then the ritual did. I do find it telling that Adalind's mother never gave Adalind access to the book or the hat.  Remember Adalind has her own book she used to create the potion to put Juliette in a coma.  You know Adalind never had access to the book, she did not even know how to open it.  

        Loading editor
    • Syscrash53 wrote:
      After Elizabeth made such a big deal about the hat. I am thinking the hat had more to do with Juliette becoming a hexenbiest then the ritual did. I do find it telling that Adalind's mother never gave Adalind access to the book or the hat.  Remember Adalind has her own book she used to create the potion to put Juliette in a coma.  You know Adalind never had access to the book, she did not even know how to open it.  


      I believe she  even didn't know about the value of the Hat. For her it was something normal, nothing else.

        Loading editor
    • If you are refering to Adalind, then yes she had no idea of the value of the hat or the book. Evidenced by Adalind leaving them behind.  

        Loading editor
    • elizabeth said should give the steps that made Adalind, but the kiss Sean? not the sabian or also that should be included '?

        Loading editor
    • Syscrash53 wrote:
      If you are refering to Adalind, then yes she had no idea of the value of the hat or the book. Evidenced by Adalind leaving them behind.  

      I remember you were taking about destiny. Maybe not only Adalind but also those ( in former times) who were in possession of the "Hat" didn't know which forces slumbered in him.

        Loading editor
    • Nothing turned Juliette into a hexenbiest. the restore powers potion reawkened her hexenbiest nature.

        Loading editor


    • Ok, I’m beginning to feel like one of those wild-eyed lunatics who stands around on the street corner muttering strange theories under their breath but, then again, that’s probably not that far from the truth so, here goes:  The latest variation on my theory about Hexenbiests, Grimms, and the innate incompatibility between the two:

      First, let’s distinguish between two types of heritable traits:

      Genetic factors: sequences of DNA base pairs that code for proteins giving rise to physical traits. Everybody knows about those.

      Epigenetic factors: biochemical factors that can influence the expression of genetic traits, either by enhancing or suppressing them. An epigenetic factor may be the product of a DNA sequence but it need not be. The important thing to know is that the expression of an organism’s genetic traits may be altered by the application of epigenetic factors without changing the DNA sequence underlying those genetic traits. Epigenetic factors are also heritable outside of the normal process of genetic inheritance. For instance, they may be passed from mother to child via the ovum even if they are not coded for in either parent’s DNA.

      So, we know that a key aspect of being a Grimm is their ability to see Wesen in their transitional, non-fully woged state and that this ability is apparently related to the fact that Grimm’s have more than the usual 3 types of cone cells in their retinas. Cone cells are responsible not only for color vision but also allow for the perception of fine detail and rapid changes in an image, hence the Grimms’ ability to see the transitional stage of the woge which is subliminal to normal human beings.

      Color vision is, generally speaking, an X-chromosome linked trait, so my hypothesis is two-fold. Grimms might have X-linked genes that code for additional types of cones but, in addition, they have an epigenetic factor, call it G, that enhances the expression of these genes. The reason for postulating that G is an epigenetic factor will become apparent shortly.

      So what about Hexenbiests? Somewhat like Grimms, the essence of a Hexenbiest’s abilities lies in their enhanced mental activity, leading in extreme cases to their possessing telekinetic abilities. Where do their abilities come from? Well, this is just a guess, but my hypothesis is that the Hexenbiests’ abilities arise from a something I call de-X-inactivation. What the …?, you say. We all know that women have two X chromosomes but, what is not so well known is that only one X chromosome is active in each cell of an adult woman’s body. Early in development, one X chromosome in each cell becomes turned off via an epigenetic process known as, well, X-inactivation. My theory is that Hexenbiests possess a unique epigenetic factor, call it H, which suppresses the normal X-inactivation process, allowing a double expression of certain genes on the X chromosomes. Since a disproportionate number of X-linked genes code for neural development, this explains their enhanced intelligence – as evidenced by their ability to concoct all those intricate spells – as well as a higher level of neural activity in general, giving rise to their ability to generate electromagnetic waves which a normal brain with its lower frequency oscillations cannot do. (As an aside, you can see in Juliette’s eyes when she is woged that her brain is revving like a double turbo-charged Italian sportscar.) Now, generally speaking, having both X-chromosomes active is not a good thing, and the unfortunate physical side effects, like the rotting skin, is one result of this. The Hexenbiests’ abilities being the result of double X activation would also explain why they are so few Zauberbiests and why they possibly lack telekinetic powers since they only possess one X chromosome.

      So much for the basics of Grimm-ness and Hexenbiest-hood. As to why they don’t get along, biochemically speaking, my guess is that the Grimm factor G suppresses the Hexenbiest factor H so that if a Hexenbiests ingests a Grimm’s “blood” the G factor deactivates her H factor, causing the normal X-inactivation process to resume, leading to the Hexenbiest losing her powers and just becoming a normal woman, phenotypically speaking. The Hexenbiest is still a Hexenbiest, the expression of her powers has just been suppressed. (And btw, I interpret the Hexenbiest “spirit” that left Adalind after she ingested Nick’s blood as just some release of energy that Nick was able to see because of his enhanced vision.) And this is where it is important that G is an epigenetic factor, so that it can be transferred to a Hexenbiest and suppress her epigenetic H factor without there being any fundamental alteration of her underlying genetic identity, which would be much more difficult to pull off.

      So how did Adalind get her powers back? I think it is significant that she had to be pregnant while undergoing the contaminatio ritualis. I suspect that somehow the process drew upon the presence of pluripotent (stem) cells in the developing fetus to set in motion the deactivation of the Grimm factor G, allowing Adalind’s Hexenbiest factor H to be reactivated which in turn suppressed the normal X-inactivation process and allowed the return of her Hexenbiest abilities – and bad skin. Now it is also significant that she still had the Grimm factor G in her system, as Viktor pointed out. It had just been rendered inactive. Since the Grimm factor G that suppresses her Hexenbiest factor H is the same factor that enhances the expression of a Grimm’s abilities, if she could somehow transfer the complex in her system that is now suppressing the G factor to a Grimm then, Aha!!

      So now comes the entwining twin spell: I originally speculated that the only purpose of the spell was to trick Nick into sleeping with her but now I suspect that there was more to it.  I suspect that in order for Adalind to pass the G inactivation complex to Nick she had to somehow be in this state where she possessed twice the normal number of X chromosomes, her own and Juliette’s. In the process initiated by the passing of her bodily fluids to Nick, Juliette’s normal X chromosome(s) stabilized his X-chromosome, allowing the G-inactivation complex from Adalind’s X-chromosome(s) to bind to his G factor, ultimately leading to the suppression of his Grimm abilities. (Remember, when he was at the ophthalmologist’s office she told him that he had this extra structure in his macula but that something was blocking its functioning.)

      In order to get his Grimm powers back, the deactivation complex had to be removed from his G factor. So Juliette underwent the entwining twin spell herself so that the process was reversed, possibly by some simple toggle switch like mechanism. While in the entwined state, however, the epigenetic Hexenbiest H factor was transferred from Adalind’s X choromosomes to Juliette’s, initiating the de-X-inactivation process and turning Juliette into a Hexenbiest. And in addition to Adalind’s H factor being passed to Juliette, the G deactivating complex was also transferred, rendering Juliette immune to the normal Grimm factor induced de-Hexenbiestification process. And of course, it is significant that in order for the de-Grimming and re-Grimming processes to take place, Nick had to have unprotected sex with his spellbound partner in order for the requisite contact with bodily fluids to take place, which explains why Adalind got pregnant and why Juliette was initially worried that she might be.

      As to why Juliette is more powerful than Adalind: Recall that X-inactivation is normally a good thing. The second X chromosome needs to be turned off during development to allow for normal brain functioning. In a born Hexenbiest, the fact that X-inactivation is interrupted - while it will eventually lead to certain enhanced abilities - has other deleterious effects that limit their power. On the other hand, since Juliette is a normal woman, she had a fully developed and fully functioning brain so that when she was exposed to the de-X-inactivating H factor she manifested all of the resultant enhanced neural abilities with none of the developmental pitfalls. Think for instance of how an adult is able to withstand higher doses of certain beneficial drugs than a child can.

      One last variation to the story that I’ve been contemplating is that perhaps Hexenbiest have certain X-linked genetic traits in addition the epigenetic H-factor. A normal woman exposed to the H factor might not become a full-fledged Hexenbiest. The fact that Juliette did become one might mean that she was already carrying the Hexenbiest genetic factor(s) but that they had never been expressed because the normal X-inactivation process suppressed them. That could lead ultimately to some interesting reveals about Juliette’s familial history.

      So there you have it, easy as 1-2-3. It’s all total nonsense of course (the application of epigenetics and X-inactivation to the explanation of Hexenbiestiness that is – the biological underpinnings are true) but, for those so inclined, it gives an alternative explanation of what’s happening in terms of scientific “moonshine” rather than magic … which of course goes out the window as soon as the writers reveal that Hexenbiests are all possessed by the spirit of Isis or whatever. Why do I do this to myself?! :-b

        Loading editor
    • Argh, that long-winded spiel was mine. I'm logged in, don't know why it didn't post under my profile name?

        Loading editor
    • Dang it, the "me" whose profile name didn't post is Grimm Analyst. Not sure what's going on. :-\

        Loading editor
    • First 10 points for thinking through to such detail. You have applied a scientific rational to a magical occurrence. You did it without breaking any laws. Of course telekinetic is a theory. Especially to the extent you could through something.  And to woge you are talking instant cell manipulation. But it does explain why all of Juliettes friends (Alicia and Roni) are wesen.  

      Also that would explain why Stefania said better your heart then mine to Frau Pech  They both have the extra X chromosome.  It did not have to be another hexenbiest just someone with the X-inactivation process turned off. 

        Loading editor
    • Syscrash53 wrote:

      First 10 points for thinking through to such detail. You have applied a scientific rational to a magical occurrence. You did it without breaking any laws. Of course telekinetic is a theory. Especially to the extent you could through something.  And to woge you are talking instant cell manipulation. But it does explain why all of Juliettes friends (Alicia and Roni) are wesen.  

      Also that would explain why Stefania said better your heart then mine to Frau Pech  They both have the extra X chromosome.  It did not have to be another hexenbiest just someone with the X-inactivation process turned off. 

      Thanks! Mind you I'm not opposed to extra-rational explanations working their way into the narrative - who knows what the writers ultimately have in mind - for me it's just fun to see how far I can push the envelope of loosely scientific plausibility. There are, of course, lots of holes because, well, this stuff isn't real - I don't think. =0 But, in a lot of cases, it's a question of the scale or timing being off, as you point out with regards to the woge, as opposed to the phenomena being outright impossible. That's why I like to refer to it as "moonshine" which is the English mathematician John Conway's term for ideas viewed in dim light - or conjured up while under the influence of the substance that term normally refers to in American parlance. :-)

      I'm glad you caught that comment of Stefania's. So what's your take on that? Do you think she had suppressed Hexenbiest abilities. I've always hoped we might see more of her at some point.

        Loading editor
    • Stefania is a gypsy which means she has what would be considered supernatural abilities. such as fortune telling.  I atribute this to having  enhanced mental activity. Just not to the level of what makes a hexenbiest.  Sort of a stunted version. 

        Loading editor
    • Syscrash53 wrote:
      Stefania is a gypsy which means she has what would be considered supernatural abilities. such as fortune telling.  I atribute this to having  enhanced mental activity. Just not to the level of what makes a hexenbiest.  Sort of a stunted version. 


      Interesting. There were aspects of that ritual that Stefania subjected Adalind to that I always thought amounted to little more than "hazing." If Stefania were in fact a stunted Hexenbiest in some sense, she could have felt a certain resentment towards Adalind being able to become something she never could, which might explain the disdain and sometimes outright glee she seemed to exhibit when forcing Adaling to undertake some of the more noxious tasks.

        Loading editor
    • I wouldn't underestimate Gypsy magic. Gypsies have been in tune with ancient, powerful magiks for over a millennia...and have been known to levy some formidable spells and curses.

      We don't know if that contract that Adalind entered into with Stefania will come into play again.

      Stefania made good on her part of the bargain. Adalind did not. It would be a kick in the head if Adalind lost her hexenbiest powers...for not fulfilling her part of the contract.

        Loading editor
    • Wow, is there any segment of the Wesen, Royal, human, Hexen, feline, or whatever population that Adalind has not double-crossed?!!

        Loading editor
    • Grimm Analyst wrote:
      Wow, is there any segment of the Wesen, Royal, human, Hexen, feline, or whatever population that Adalind has not double-crossed?!!

      Give her time. I think payback is a coming!

      Look at what Nick did to Adalind. he killed the hexenbiest within her. We all saw the scene where the spirt separated from the body and went elsewhere.

      Stephania grabbed hold of Adalind's hand and forced it onto the contract. as part of the ritual one hexenbiest must die so the other can return, maintaining the balance. adalind's came back enhanced because she was pregnant.

      Adalind tried to kill the Grimm part of Nick in revenge and take his powers, hence sleeping with him. She succeeded in binding Nick's Grimm powers, but got pregnant.

      The restore powers potion didn't need to have Juliette drink it and transform into Adalind, appearance only and have sex with Nick. Juliette should however have got pregnant like Adalind - she didn't - any human female would have. What the potion did do was restore Nick's powers. It also restored Juliette's own hexenbiest powers.

        Loading editor
    • Grimm Analyst wrote:
      Wow, is there any segment of the Wesen, Royal, human, Hexen, feline, or whatever population that Adalind has not double-crossed?!!

      My respect and hands up for your illustration. And by continuning your thoery Juliette could be a child of  very powerful, being chased ancient  ancestry.? A kind of mutant  being feared by everyone, even under the "Hexenbiest". Who were her parent's? Have they been killed( similar story to Nick, he grow up by his aunt, she by her grandmother) ?  Did they found a way to deactivate her superior genetic structure to enable her a normal life? Or do we believe in magic ?

      Adalind is like a leaf in the wind.The question is how long?

        Loading editor
    • for Juliette to be a dormant hexenbiest. The story would need to take a apocalyptic turn.   

        Loading editor
    • (P) Macabros77 wrote:
      Grimm Analyst wrote:
      Wow, is there any segment of the Wesen, Royal, human, Hexen, feline, or whatever population that Adalind has not double-crossed?!!
      My respect and hands up for your illustration. And by continuning your thoery Juliette could be a child of  very powerful, being chased ancient  ancestry.? A kind of mutant  being feared by everyone, even under the "Hexenbiest". Who were her parent's? Have they been killed( similar story to Nick, he grow up by his aunt, she by her grandmother) ?  Did they found a way to deactivate her superior genetic structure to enable her a normal life? Or do we believe in magic ?

      Adalind is like a leaf in the wind.The question is how long?

      Ok, I had been thinking more in terms of that part of Julette's ancestry having been lost - like maybe her Hexenbiest ancestors had all been killed by Grimms during the Salem witch trials or something. But the idea that perhaps her more recent relatives knew of her potential and deliberately suppressed it puts things in a different light. So they hid that aspect of her heritage from her, but then she not only ends up living with a Grimm, but a Grimm who gets her involved in a situation that leads to her identity being unveiled. Talk about synchronicity! Could also explain why her relatives never come to visit! :-)

        Loading editor
    • Regarding the pregnancy...

      Maybe the key is the 'Ferula Tingitana'. This was the ingredient, the final one, that Elizabeth added to the potion, when they were at Nick & Juliette's house.

      Elizabeth said to Rosalee..."One drop less than last time".

      Ferula Tingitana is an abortifacient, it causes miscarriages. It has been used by women for centuries for this.

      This could be why Juliette was doubled over with pain afterward, and why she was experiencing nausea. And because of the twin spell...the baby was transferred to Adalind.

      Elizabeth mentioned this 'Ferula Tingitana' two times, once at the Spice Shop and again at Nick & Juliette's house. Why would the writers put this in the story, if we are not supposed to wonder about it?

        Loading editor
    • @Lurkenfrau

      Ok, great catch! Never would have thought to research ferula tingitana (FT) but, you're absolutely right, when the writers go to that much trouble to highlight something it almost certainly has signficance.

      As far as Juliette's pregnancy being transferred to Adalind, while that would help with the timing of Adalind's pregnancy, not quite sure I'm ready to go there but, I'll suspend judgement for now. Seems more likely that there is a more mundane explanation like: Adalind didn't have any FT when she was preparing her potion and was either too lazy to go out and get some or too smart to go to Rosalee asking for some and decided to just take her chances. Or, she just skipped over that part of the spell, which would be consistent with her halfast approach to things. She didn't realize she was pregnant because she was in denial and writing off her weight gain to not being able to drop the weight from her previous pregnancy.

      But anyway, so maybe the entwining spell jumpstarts the fertility of the person using it due to the presence of the second genetic identity, hence the need for the abortifacient. So, by symmetry, if Adalind got pregnant with a child carrying Juliette's DNA, then perhaps Juliette would have gotten pregnant with a child carrying Adalind's DNA. Juliette's abortion wasn't quite complete however, and that's when Adalind's epigenetic Hexenbiest inducing factor(s) were transferred to her. (Just thinking out loud in the terms of my "theory.")

      Of course, the overriding question is, why did Elizabeth reduce the amount of FT? Was it a simple dosage miscalculation or did she have an ulterior motive in mind? Inquiring minds want to know!!

        Loading editor
    • @Grimm Analyst   We talked already about this 2-3 weeks ago. I've made researches but I couldn't find any connections. (Maybe someone else can). Ferula tingitana has no medical use. But it belongs to the family of Apiaceae (Umbelliferae) were you find Silphium( the wonder drug from Cyrenaica) a medical and spice plant and a main source of revenue contributing to Cyrenaica's wealth, so important that most of their coins bore a picture of the plant.( see picture) Hipprocrates, Celsus. Galen recommended it. So what is (FT)  good for.?  Birth control?? O.K. might be so, but it's not important.

      Remember we talk about 3 curses. 1. Doppelgänger- a double. Madame Pesch had to use Adalind's blood and the result was they changed body but not mind.  2. Zwilling - Twin is similar to doppelgänger but different.( maybe same body by using blood of the victim, connection to the original, even mind).   3. Spiegelbild- mirror image. That was used by Adalind without blood. She only changed image not body or mind. As Trubel talked about Bacon, she said I hate bacon. She stayed Adalind. the same with Juliette. ( replace the body of a Ferrari with a Mercedes, you see a Mercedes but it stays a Ferrari). You can also talk about an optical illusion. So Adalind ( if it's true) is pregnant by Nick in her body.

      So Adalind didn't use any FT, why Elizabeth.? In the 80s ethers and esters were extracted from FT. So what if Elizabeth wanted to prevent Juliette becoming a Hexenbiest? We never considered. And now the same Questions, we spoken on other pages. Who or what changed Juliette in a Hexenbiest?
      Silphium

      Silphium

        Loading editor
    • FT is found in Spain where Juliette is from. it is said to stimulate menstruation and act as a natual contraceptive.Elizabeth used itto stop Juliette getting pregnant.

        Loading editor
    • @(P) Macabros77 Sorry that I missed that earlier discussion about Ferula tingitana, if that's what you're referring to. I took Lurkenfrau's word about FT's abortifacient properties but, when I checked Wikipedia, that and the herb's menstruation inducing properties were the only medicinal uses mentioned. The connection between FT and silphium is also controversial evidently. Not saying that Wikipedia is the most authoriative source but, the article is well referenced. Here's the link: Ferula tingitana I don't quite understand the distinction you're making between the entwining twin spell and the mirror image spell. I remember that one of the lines of the twin spell was "To a mirror image (Spiegelbild) it will make," but, I don't remember there being a separate mirror image spell. Adalind didn't use Juliette's blood in her potion but she did use her hair. Hair isn't the best source of DNA but, it will work if you get enough root cells. Also, when Elizabeth tasted the green mixture, she said that there was some of both of them (Adalind and Juliette) in it. Even if the basis for the spell is ultimately supernatural magic, there still has to be some template for the phenotypic transformation that takes place and to me that says genetics. As for why Adalind might not have added Ferula tingitana to her potion, I still say the simpliest explanation is that Adalind is a ditz, LOL! I could fill pages with anectdotes about students (and sometimes professors!) who screwed something up by skipping steps in a procedure - sometimes even when there were only two steps! Adalind seems like just the kind of person to take shortcuts and shoot herself in the foot or, in this case, in the uterus. So I still say that Juliette becoming a Hexenbiest was a side effect of the entwining twin spell, just like they've been saying on the show, and that the transformation was due to an alteration in the expression of certain genes. The question is, what did Elizabeth know and when did she know it? As a very knowledgable Hexenbiest she almost certainly must have known that Juliette's transformation was a possible side effect. It might be that the transformation is only possible if the person has a genetic predispostion to be a Hexenbiest but, wouldn't a powerful and sensitive Hexenbiest like Elizabeth be able to sense that? I agree with Lurkenfrau that it's very suspicious that Elzabeth reduced the amount of Ferula tingitana in the potion before Juliette underwent the spell.

        Loading editor
    • @(P) Macabros77 Ugh, sorry. Don't know why the text all ran together like that.

        Loading editor
    • Finally, someone answered my question about the new baby's parents being Adalind and Nick, if Adalind had use Juliette's blood, then the baby is hers, but it's not!

        Loading editor
    • There is another clue, I think, that happened in Ep.406, 'Highway of Tears'...

      When Monroe woged, to see if Nick could see it, Nick said "Any time you're ready". The camera immediately went to Juliette's face...and she looked down, as though she could see the woge and realized that Nick could not!

      Then the camera went to Monroe, who looked disappointed as well. Then the camera panned out, showing the disappointment on Rosalee's face. But Trubel was looking over at Juliette, and had a momentary quizzical look on her face...as though Trubel realized that Juliette was acting like she could see Monroe's woge.

      Ep. 406 is one of my favorite episodes, and I have watched it several times. There was always something that stuck in the back of my brain about that scene...so I just replayed it over again, to see if I was imagining this...

      And yes. The camera goes straight to Juliette's face after Nick says "Any time you're ready"...and she looks down, like she knows that Monroe has woged and Nick didn't see it.

      Juliette was supposed to be the only 'normal' human in the room. How did she know, immediately, that Monroe had woged and Nick wasn't seeing it?

      And why did they do the camera work that way?

      If it was not supposed to be a subtle clue about what had just happened to Juliette, then why did they show her face after Monroe's woge. They made it look like Nick was the only one in the room who had not seen Monroe's woge.

      Maybe I am imagining this...but it looks like this may be another clue.

        Loading editor
    • Regarding the Ferula Tingitana...

      We don't honestly know that Adalind did not use it in her potion. Do we?

      I don't remember her naming off the ingredients, when she was making it...they just showed her using The Hat and The Book, and then inhaling the vapor of the potion.

      It would support the theory that she is carrying Juliette's baby, if she did not get pregnant when she slept with Nick, and yet now is somehow pregnant.

        Loading editor
    • Had Adalind used it in her potion, she wouldn't now be expecting Nick's child.  

      I remember thinking in the pilot episode when Nick stared at Adalind having come out ofthat jewellers with a silver ring for Juliette and saw her woged form whether Destiny was at work. Even Hank commented about Nick's behaviour

        Loading editor
    • 82.21.236.214 wrote:
      Had Adalind used it in her potion, she wouldn't now be expecting Nick's child.  

      I remember thinking in the pilot episode when Nick stared at Adalind having come out ofthat jewellers with a silver ring for Juliette and saw her woged form whether Destiny was at work. Even Hank commented about Nick's behaviour

      That is reading to much into the first episode. NIck will never have a connection with Adalind. They have nothing to connect over. Would Adalind consider Nick as a lover. Possible, Adalind is attracked to power. But there is nothing that would draw Nick to Adalind. For them to come up with a working relation because Adalind is having Nick's child it going to be a high hill to climb. 

      Just like Juliette will never have a connection with Sean. We know that Juliette will find Sean desireable.  If it was not for Nick Sean might even be inclined to reciprocate. But right now Sean has to much on the line to upset Nick.  Plus if Sean was to give in Juliette would have regrets.  

        Loading editor
    • Lurkenfrau wrote:
      Regarding the Ferula Tingitana...

      We don't honestly know that Adalind did not use it in her potion. Do we? I don't remember her naming off the ingredients, when she was making it...they just showed her using The Hat and The Book, and then inhaling the vapor of the potion. It would support the theory that she is carrying Juliette's baby, if she did not get pregnant when she slept with Nick, and yet now is somehow pregnant.

      Good point about us not really knowing whether or not Adalind used the Ferula tingitana and, by the same token, we really don't know if Adalind is carrying Juliette's baby. It's all still specuation at this point.

        Loading editor
    • @Grimm Analyst...

      The only clue we have on that, was the scene in the Spice Shop when Elizabeth was naming off ingredients that she needed to 'recreate' the spell that Adalind used.

      Elizabeth seemed to be trying to duplicate the spell.

      She named off several ingredients, including Ferula Tingitana...which Rosalee said, "I've got that in the back room", and then went off to get it.

      She also said, after reading it..."This doesn't makes sense. For this to work, Adalind would've had to have lost her powers and then gotten them back".

      Rosalee and Monroe filled her in about that, of course.

      But that is what got me to start thinking, that Juliette had to be a hexenbiest too, for the spell to work, at all.

        Loading editor
    • For a woman who isn't interested in nick, Adalind has done very nasty stuff to Juliette. First she put her into a coma and tried to make her forget Nick. Then instead of finding a way to have Nick inhale the potion vapours and lose his grimmness, Adalind chose to transform her appearance into Juliette and have sex and get pregnant by Nick. In the season opener, Nick and Adalind swapped as little Grimmling revealed his presence. In the pilot,  Nick was standing in the middle of the road looking like he'd been poleaxed by cupid's arrow as he stared at Adalind.

      Juliette is really powerful and if Sean spurns her, she won't help Sean. Sean , Elizabeth and Henrietta could help Juliette be a hexenbiest. If they don't help her, she'll lash out at them. She'd hold Elizabeth to blame for what has happened to her and will seek an explanation. That could prove fatal for Elizabeth and, by extension, for Sean as well.

        Loading editor
    • 82.21.236.214 wrote:
      ...In the season opener, Nick and Adalind swapped as little Grimmling revealed his presence.

      Interesting thought, but shouldn't she have noticed at this point that she is pregnant then?

      In the pilot,  Nick was standing in the middle of the road looking like he'd been poleaxed by cupid's arrow as he stared at Adalind.

      Yes he looked dumbstrucked (seeing his first woged wesen, who wouldn't?), but if Adalind really had become his 'special one and only love' Juliette wouldn't have been able to get Nick out of the Musai-spell later on ;-))

        Loading editor
    • Grimm Analyst wrote: I don't quite understand the distinction you're making between the entwining twin spell and the mirror image spell. I remember that one of the lines of the twin spell was "To a mirror image (Spiegelbild) it will make," but, I don't remember there being a separate mirror image spell.

      Sorry, I'm late but I owe you an answer. A twin is a realistic "Doppelgänger", a "Doppelgänger" is an imaginary twin, but a mirror image is a shadow. I guess Lurkenfrau gave me the idea to read the page of the book (season 4 ep. 4). A mirror image only changes the appearance not the physical structure. Yes, in the potion was the aura of Adalind and Juliette, more Adalind I guess. But the blood and mind stays the same. So I think Adalinds baby is Nicks or Seans.

      A medicament and antidote are never the same. Why did Eizabeth reduce the amount of FT ? FT has no medical use. You find nothing in medical books about birthcontrol and makes for me no sense( but thats not so important). But as a changing or accelerated drug it could be used. Don't forget Elizabeth attemped the recurse to herself. How did she did the recurse ? She had only Adalinds book. Juliette didn't found anything there. Adalind didn't even know that was possible. And I agree with you, she is always talking smart but has no idea. So extras from Elizabeths memory? A drop less FT ? Because Juliette is a human ?

      Side effects means that intentions are different. So if Elizabeth had no purpose to change Juliette, I return to my theory about the famous "Hat". That would declare why nobody finds an explanation.

        Loading editor
    • 82.212.18.205 wrote:
      Grimm Analyst wrote: I don't quite understand the distinction you're making between the entwining twin spell and the mirror image spell. I remember that one of the lines of the twin spell was "To a mirror image (Spiegelbild) it will make," but, I don't remember there being a separate mirror image spell.
      Sorry, I'm late but I owe you an answer. A twin is a realistic "Doppelgänger", a "Doppelgänger" is an imaginary twin, but a mirror image is a shadow. I guess Lurkenfrau gave me the idea to read the page of the book (season 4 ep. 4). A mirror image only changes the appearance not the physical structure. Yes, in the potion was the aura of Adalind and Juliette, more Adalind I guess. But the blood and mind stays the same. So I think Adalinds baby is Nicks or Seans.

      A medicament and antidote are never the same. Why did Eizabeth reduce the amount of FT ? FT has no medical use. You find nothing in medical books about birthcontrol and makes for me no sense( but thats not so important). But as a changing or accelerated drug it could be used. Don't forget Elizabeth attemped the recurse to herself. How did she did the recurse ? She had only Adalinds book. Juliette didn't found anything there. Adalind didn't even know that was possible. And I agree with you, she is always talking smart but has no idea. So extras from Elizabeths memory? A drop less FT ? Because Juliette is a human ?

      Side effects means that intentions are different. So if Elizabeth had no purpose to change Juliette, I return to my theory about the famous "Hat". That would declare why nobody finds an explanation.


      It was me Grimm Analyst.

        Loading editor
    • I can think of several reasons Adalind didn't think she was pregnant. She'd been imprisoned in a dungeon built to hold hexenbiest. The temporary switch of views only happened the once. She wasn't sick in mornings. She didn't expect the sex with Nick to result in pregnancy.

      The second time Nick say Adalind she was trying to inject something lethal into his Aunt Marie and stabbed him instead. His emotion towards her was incredibly strong, but of hate. He evinced no softening of that feeling until Adalind turned up at his house with Diana, having been rescued by his mother.

      As for the potion to restore Nick's powers both he and Juliette suffered headaches, which would be side effects If the hat were responsible for juliette's hexenbiest powers, since they both drank it, both should have gained hexenbiest powers.

        Loading editor
    • 82.21.236.214 wrote:
      As for the potion to restore Nick's powers both he and Juliette suffered headaches, which would be side effects If the hat were responsible for juliette's hexenbiest powers, since they both drank it, both should have gained hexenbiest powers.

      If you consider magic, you must believe in the "unbelievable".. The aim was to re-gimm Nick. He has grimm blood. so the headaches were the returning of his powers. Nick had nothing to do with the "Hat".

      So the "Hat" might have the same effect as this " ritualis". It decides on it's own who will be recorded.

        Loading editor
    • Anyone else feel like this ordeal with Juliet mirrors the tale of The Beauty and the Beast.  Except in this story, the beauty is the beast or beist.  Adalind is the witch that curses Juliet and she becomes the beast.

        Loading editor
    • Nick wasn't just re-grimmed, he got the extra acute hearing and zombiegrimm back too and perhaps why it took longer.

      The headaches were a sign that powers were being restored for Nick, they would have to indicate the same for Juliette.

        Loading editor
    • 82.21.236.214 wrote:
      Nick wasn't just re-grimmed, he got the extra acute hearing and zombiegrimm back too and perhaps why it took longer.

      The headaches were a sign that powers were being restored for Nick, they would have to indicate the same for Juliette.

      So, if I understand you right, she must already have been a Hexenbiest ?

        Loading editor
    • Yes, Macabros77, I think Juliette was already a Hexenbiest.

        Loading editor
    • A Grimmster 82.21.236.214

      Good point. Surely logically as the "Hat".

      So if your theory is right, somebody took her memories. We know nothing about Juliette in the past. Maybe Pillar knows more.  So the potion transformed her all "Hexenbiest DNA" in something that can not be explained. So reversing it will not work, because nobody know what she exactly is. She must be more than a "Hexenbiest". ( maybe something like a "Royal Hexenbiest or worse).  It's not even sure if she can be killed, what not means she's immortal.

        Loading editor
    • I think you guys are looking too much into it, and I don't think Juliette was already a Hexenbiest, in remission or otherwise. When she went to Henrietta to test her blood, Henrietta said she's never seen anything like it.

      I'm thinking it's a strange side-affect as a result of a human performing a risky and unpredictable spell in part with the Zaubertränke. For some reason, which I'm sure will eventually be revealed, she's turned into some sort of hybrid.

        Loading editor
    • I don't think it will ever be answered why Juliette is one of a kind.  This is somethign that is best left to speculation. 

        Loading editor
    • Well if a had to speculate, I would say she is a descendant of Persephone( the lovely maiden, who pfluck up a narcissus from it's resting place, her feet began to tremble and the earth was split in two). She's the godness of the underworld and the connection between life and death.

        Loading editor
    • That's quite a reach of speculation, and seems considerably unfounded by anything that's been revealed so far.

        Loading editor
    • Unverganglich wrote:
      That's quite a reach of speculation, and seems considerably unfounded by anything that's been revealed so far.


      I tend to hype, might be. But if she is so unique as said, and talking about an ancient power, so I must search in the past. Everybody has a family tree. So I'm looking  for a possible bloodline which might explain.

        Loading editor
    • (P) Macabros77 wrote:
      Unverganglich wrote:
      That's quite a reach of speculation, and seems considerably unfounded by anything that's been revealed so far.

      I tend to hype, might be. But if she is so unique as said, and talking about an ancient power, so I must search in the past. Everybody has a family tree. So I'm looking  for a possible bloodline which might explain.

      As I understand it, her transformation isn't related to her heratige though. It's being spun as an unexpected and unpredictable side effect of the Verfluchte Zwillingsschwester potion.

        Loading editor
    • Unverganglich wrote:
      As I understand it, her transformation isn't related to her heratige though. It's being spun as an unexpected and unpredictable side effect of the Verfluchte Zwillingsschwester potion.

      We discuss this about 3 weeks on other threads. I don't believe in side effects. It doesn't mean I'm right. But I face the possibility that she might have been, like Nick already a Hexenbiest/ Grimm.  So I'm searching something similar in the mythology what happened to Juliette. So if the writers doesn't give any answers, we can turn around without knowing who is right or wrong.  Rosalee, I don't want to repeat it, said it was a kind of " Verfluchte Zwillingsschwester". In reality it was a kind of  a mirror cure. It changes your look but not your organic structure. But it's o.k. if I'm wrong. (It's only my opinion) XXD

        Loading editor
    • I would really be nice if writter put as much thought into each episode as we do inspeculations. Because some much of the events are left ambiguious. Shows the writers do not think it all the way through. Yes they have the overall concepts and set basic rules. But the rules are to be broken. 

      Adalind's pregnancy is a good example of breakign the rules. 

        Loading editor
    • Adalind's pregancy doesn't strike me as breaking any rule. Adalind was i think trying to take Nick's powers and got a grimmling in the bargain.  Remember Diana's scan in the hospital and the presence of a second heartbeat, which made me think that there's a prohecy at work here, well this is that child. Remember, too, Diana's reaction to Nick's picture in Kelly's locket.

      Other pointers to Juliette being a hexenbiest all along: her indifference to the discussion of bees (mortal enemies of hexenbiests) or to Nick saving Adalind's life .No , 'you did your duty' just I'm cold. Then there was her demonstration of the fastest way to get an ogre out of your house.

        Loading editor
    • 82.21.236.214 wrote: Adalind's pregancy doesn't strike me as breaking any rule. Adalind was i think trying to take Nick's powers and got a grimmling in the bargain.  Remember Diana's scan in the hospital and the presence of a second heartbeat, which made me think that there's a prohecy at work here, well this is that child. Remember, too, Diana's reaction to Nick's picture in Kelly's locket.

      Other pointers to Juliette being a hexenbiest all along: her indifference to the discussion of bees (mortal enemies of hexenbiests) or to Nick saving Adalind's life .No , 'you did your duty' just I'm cold. Then there was her demonstration of the fastest way to get an ogre out of your house.

      I'm startling to agree with you there, it's not a consequence, that we heard a second heartbeat on the ultrasound scan of Diana, maybe something else is going on with the new baby!

        Loading editor
    • Aboutnici wrote:

      82.21.236.214 wrote: Adalind's pregancy doesn't strike me as breaking any rule. Adalind was i think trying to take Nick's powers and got a grimmling in the bargain.  Remember Diana's scan in the hospital and the presence of a second heartbeat, which made me think that there's a prohecy at work here, well this is that child. Remember, too, Diana's reaction to Nick's picture in Kelly's locket.

      Other pointers to Juliette being a hexenbiest all along: her indifference to the discussion of bees (mortal enemies of hexenbiests) or to Nick saving Adalind's life .No , 'you did your duty' just I'm cold. Then there was her demonstration of the fastest way to get an ogre out of your house.

      I'm startling to agree with you there, it's not a consequence, that we heard a second heartbeat on the ultrasound scan of Diana, maybe something else is going on with the new baby!


      That a really good point of you two. I had another explanation. That Diana has the ability to be at two place at the same time. But I couldn't figure out Diana's reaction with Nick's picture in Kelly's locket. But if you're right, what  happened with the duality in the woods and in Juliette/ Nicks house.? How must this being understanded.?

        Loading editor
    • (P) Macabros77 wrote:
      Aboutnici wrote:

      82.21.236.214 wrote: Adalind's pregancy doesn't strike me as breaking any rule. Adalind was i think trying to take Nick's powers and got a grimmling in the bargain.  Remember Diana's scan in the hospital and the presence of a second heartbeat, which made me think that there's a prohecy at work here, well this is that child. Remember, too, Diana's reaction to Nick's picture in Kelly's locket.

      I'm startling to agree with you there, it's not a consequence, that we heard a second heartbeat on the ultrasound scan of Diana, maybe something else is going on with the new baby!

      What I miss in your speculation is Adalind had not contact with Nick until after Diana was born. Which is after the two heart beats. 
        Loading editor
    • (P) Macabros77 wrote:
      Unverganglich wrote:
      As I understand it, her transformation isn't related to her heratige though. It's being spun as an unexpected and unpredictable side effect of the Verfluchte Zwillingsschwester potion.
      We discuss this about 3 weeks on other threads. I don't believe in side effects. It doesn't mean I'm right. But I face the possibility that she might have been, like Nick already a Hexenbiest/ Grimm.  So I'm searching something similar in the mythology what happened to Juliette. So if the writers doesn't give any answers, we can turn around without knowing who is right or wrong.  Rosalee, I don't want to repeat it, said it was a kind of " Verfluchte Zwillingsschwester". In reality it was a kind of  a mirror cure. It changes your look but not your organic structure. But it's o.k. if I'm wrong. (It's only my opinion) XXD


      Multiple people, including Sean's mother, also said that there are side effects which can be largely unpredictable, and that it was a relatively risky spell. The spell worked fine, and considering it was prepared by an experienced Hexenbiest, that's of little surprise, but that's not what I'm referring to.

      I'm referring specifically to what happened as being a product of Juliette, who was inherently mortal, taking part in a spell which was designed by/for Hexenbiests specifically. It leave a lot of room for unaccountable variables.

        Loading editor
    • @Syscrash53.    Then I'm asking you. What do you think about the duality in two different places and Diana's reaction to Nick's picture. do you have any idea? And this is correct that is was before Adalind had contact with Nick, except Diana would have the abilitiy to look in the future.

        Loading editor
    • My opinion as some have refered to as psycho babble.

      We know from day one Diana was completely aware of what is going on. I would even venture she was aware before she was born.  So she is perfiectly aware that her mother wanted to sell her. 

      when Diana meet Kelly she realized Kelly was someone that would scarifice everything for her child. Proven in the fact she gave up Nick to keep him safe. I would even go as far as saying the law of sacrafice was Diana's idea. Remeber hexenbiest have the ability to influence. Why would Diana not be able to influence her own escape. 

      During the entire process you got the impression that Diana knew what was going on. that is why she made the death skull, letting Viktor know he was going to die. Which we assume he did. (sending him to Vienna, telling ADalind don't worry about him) 

        Loading editor
    • @Syscrash53. Thank you.   No I don't think about pyscho babble. Something similar I've written. And who can really judge the Questions, when the writer's doesn't give us any answers. Maybe I might not agree in every of your replys but you make really good comments and they are well thought out. So if I understand you, it's a kind of "Hologramm" that Diana is using. Well is not so different of my theory. But who knows. Maybe we will finally receive some answers.

        Loading editor
    • The two different places, consider a hexenbiest can influence people to feel and think what they want. With enough power why not make them see what you want. it is all mental manipulation. 

      But in Diana's case I think something else is going on. Because both time the illusion was of Diana. We know Diana has two heart beats. Not sure if you ever watched Charmed. Prue had the power of telekinises which explained how she could be in two places at once. I Charmed the project did not have powers. Diana may be two people so the projected Diana may have powers. 

      If I had to speculate this will be the least of out questions. I feel this shows is going to never never land. so where that suspending disbelief will be the new norm. 

      you already have Henrietta scrambling notes and the front door trick. That was so bizarre I have yet to see anyone comment on the what or how.  You then have Elizabeth raising the dead.  Followed by phatom bleeding and hands from another dimension.  We have seen Juliette throw a table across a room and blow up a car engine. 

      We had three seasons where we could count the use of magic on on hand. Now it seems that has not be an episode that does not have magic. You add th fans think the magic is bad ass. It is not a leap for the show to become alabout the magic. With the magic becoming even more spectacular. 

        Loading editor
    • Unverganglich wrote:
      I'm referring specifically to what happened as being a product of Juliette, who was inherently mortal, taking part in a spell which was designed by/for Hexenbiests specifically. It leave a lot of room for unaccountable variables.

      I agree. What do we see ? A female human being turned in a Hexenbiest.  O.K. Accepted. That's all ?  Nothing else ? So you can turn everybody in a Hexenbiest, like in a factory ? And then one of the most powerful Hexenbiest.?

      Sorry, I cannot believe this. Magic has always a prize. And if not, there might be another reason. The famous "Hat" or maybe a special bloodline.

      ( There was a film " Underworld Evolution. The vampires and wervolves were searching one human with an ancient special bloodline.They compared all DNA's and finally found him working in a hospital. He became a hybrid and no vampire or wervolve could stand against him.)

      She was not a Hexenbiest but had the DNA of one. You said that the specuation about Persephone is too far. Maybe you're right. But remember Monroe was talking about Annubis, the superstar. So if he was a Wesen, why should Juliette not be a descent of Persephone.? Not forgetting the greek had occupied the actual Spain.

      @Syscrash53. Yes, but I only looked till Balthazar was killed. Then I was dissapointed. XXD  But I understand. After reading one of your comments, I chose Macabros, the dead God, who can be at the same time at two places.( duality)    The only thing was this scene with Diana on the bed when Adalind was gone in Juliette/Nicks house. Was it a sign for Kelly or Juliette.?

        Loading editor
    • I am aware that Adalind had not slept with Nick at the time of the two hearbeats. No, it does not mean she is two people; it means she is the first of two children, part of a prophecy. Adalind's child with Nick is the second. Adalind is the hexenbiest of the prophecy and not Juliette or whatever her real name is, and the potion she took to be the mother of the two special children - one a royal and the other a Grimm - did not produce the results she was hoping for. She can, I speculate, still be the hexenbiest of the seven keys prophecy.

      A restore powers potion can only restore powers that were once present but have been removed by another potion. It cannot create powers that were never previously there.

      The door trick is telekenesis. The reviving the dead costs the strength of the one(s) doing the reviving. Scrambling letters is telekenesis and the ability to influence/read minds at a distance. The more powerful a hexenbiest, the more control and pronounced is the effect. Juliette is probably descended from a long line of full zauberbiest-hexenbiest unions and represents the ultimate hexenbiest.

        Loading editor
    • 82.21.236.214 wrote:
      She can, I speculate, still be the hexenbiest of the seven keys prophecy.

      A restore powers potion can only restore powers that were once present but have been removed by another potion. It cannot create powers that were never previously there.

      The door trick is telekenesis. The reviving the dead costs the strength of the one(s) doing the reviving. Scrambling letters is telekenesis and the ability to influence/read minds at a distance. The more powerful a hexenbiest, the more control and pronounced is the effect. Juliette is probably descended from a long line of full zauberbiest-hexenbiest unions and represents the ultimate hexenbiest.

      Sorry, i must ask you. Is there a kind of prophecy I missed.? But what you say is not  illogical and makes sense. Don't get me wrong: This idea is brilliant. Sometimes I have doubts if "the famous sideeffect" can have so an reaction. I will not repeat my thoeries, but yours remind me at the film "Warlock, Armagedon". A girl and a boy must fight together as a unit against Luzifers son to defeat him.

        Loading editor
    • (P) Macabros77 wrote:
      Unverganglich wrote:
      I'm referring specifically to what happened as being a product of Juliette, who was inherently mortal, taking part in a spell which was designed by/for Hexenbiests specifically. It leave a lot of room for unaccountable variables.
      I agree. What do we see ? A female human being turned in a Hexenbiest.  O.K. Accepted. That's all ?  Nothing else ? So you can turn everybody in a Hexenbiest, like in a factory ? And then one of the most powerful Hexenbiest.?

      Sorry, I cannot believe this. Magic has always a prize. And if not, there might be another reason. The famous "Hat" or maybe a special bloodline.

      ( There was a film " Underworld Evolution. The vampires and wervolves were searching one human with an ancient special bloodline.They compared all DNA's and finally found him working in a hospital. He became a hybrid and no vampire or wervolve could stand against him.)

      She was not a Hexenbiest but had the DNA of one. You said that the specuation about Persephone is too far. Maybe you're right. But remember Monroe was talking about Annubis, the superstar. So if he was a Wesen, why should Juliette not be a descent of Persephone.? Not forgetting the greek had occupied the actual Spain.

      1) No people can't just start pumping out Hexenbiest hybrids for the following reasons:

      - It requires a willing Hexenbiest with extensive knowledge of the Zaubertränke, more specifically, the Verfluchte Zwillingsschwester potion. This is unlikely as most Hexenbiests see each other as competitors.

      - It's already been mentioned multiple times (and I'm repeating myself at this point) in the recent episodes spanning the lose and regain of Nick's Grimm powers, that the potion is risky and has the potential for unpredictable side-effects. So even if you did start lining up humans to take a hit off the hat, there's no guarantee they would turn out like Juliette did, and it seems like a rare enough occurance.

      2) Not going to acknowledge the "Underworld" bit as it has no place here and the (rather ludicrous) concepts shown in that film franchise are in no way relevant to Grimm lore and workings.

      3) A person can't have 'Hexenbiest' DNA because the power isn't a result of any DNA; it's a cooperation between a willing vessel and a consenting Hexenbiest spirit.

      4) All of the aforementioned makes your already far-fetched (and subsequently unfounded) theory that Juliette is a descendent of 'Persephone', the Greek goddess of crop fertility who was absconded by Hades and forced to be his bride, completely unfathomable.

      Honestly, if you're going to pitch a theory, put more effort into it than conjuring random and wild hypotheticals, and try to use information directly given in the show, not from Wikipedia.

        Loading editor
    • @ Unvergänglich. It requires a willing Hexenbiest with extensive knowledge of the Zaubertränke, more specifically, the Verfluchte Zwillingsschwester potion. This is unlikely as most Hexenbiests see each other as competitors.

      1) I did not mention it because it is self-evident. And it's called "Spiegelbildverhexung". That a difference.

      - It's already been mentioned multiple times (and I'm repeating myself at this point) in the recent episodes spanning the lose and regain of Nick's Grimm powers, that the potion is risky and has the potential for unpredictable side-effects. So even if you did start lining up humans to take a hit off the hat, there's no guarantee they would turn out like Juliette did, and it seems like a rare enough occurance.

      Really ? In relation to Nick? That the complexity of the spell might have long-term impact on Nick and combines them in an unexpected way with Adalind. They can only grow worth. The same doing nothing. But turning in Adalind is that's not so bad, like wearing a costume. So if it works it needs its own time. There are a lot of unknowns, the same when you do nothing. (That means everything and nothing) The whole centered exclusively on Nick, not to Juliette. And I never pretend it works for all, otherwise she would not be unique.

      2) A comparison or parallel is to be regarded as point of view and has nothing to do with Grimm lore and working

      3) No indeed, but the DNA or the changing of it is a very important component in connection with willing vessel and a consenting magic spirit. Hexenbiest DNA was not a good expression, I agree.

      4) Persephone is the goddess of all those who are going through difficult times in their lives and from these again - with another consciousness. Disillusioned, perhaps, but detached from desires and expectations - what can liberate and strengthens the sense of the beauty and joy of the here and now. She is seriously and strict but has a lot of compassion and uses her healing power.

      Is it far-fetched.? Yes why not. Completely unfathomable. No. I only stretched an arc between her and Juliette. And if I pitch a theory like you say I don't care about Wikipedia. I read literature books or others. And in those it would not be so unbelievable, because there are a lot of interpretation around the world about Persephone and different names for her. You can even find it in the Gospel. In our timeline we had only books and TV. XXD

      And thank you for the tip with using information given in the show. The problem is, there are no informations. Everything is kept vague, like political broadcasts. Words like everything could be, sideeffects, unknown variable, unknown backgrounds and so on. So you can imagine what you want how you want. Put things straight and I'm with you. I love this show.

        Loading editor
    • Things aren't really that vague in the show, rather, they release information in bits at a time, because let's face it, it's a lot to take in. From the pilot until now, the viewer starts at ignorant as Nick did, and learn more and more with each episode (adventure). With as many as are out now, and as much lore the show revolves around (a lot of it intentionally obscured), it's easy to get carried away.


      My point is, a lot of people like to throw out what-if scenarios that connect to nothing that's been revealed or learned throughout the course of the show, and that tends to do little more than lead people astray from the facts as they're presented in the episode. Certainly, there's a lot left to speculation and individual intepretation, and maybe this was intentional by the writers. At the same time, though, there is a lot of dots that can be easily connected by taking the bits and pieces given in the episodes and simply putting them together.

        Loading editor
    • What we know about hexenbiests we learned about from Adalind. From the way she lost her powers by ingesting the blood of a grimm. We saw a spirit that wasn't hers leave her body. Hexenbiests are therefore possessed. To regain her powers another spirit had to accept Adalind as being worthy, according to Stephania Both Adalind and Diana were apparently judged to be worthy. Adalind wasn't aware of the ritual. She doesn't know, Jack. Neither does Nick. 

      Henrietta said that Juliette has the blood of Adalind in her. I remembered Juliette and Nick drinking the potion to restore Nick's powers, but in fact they inhaled it instead. That meant Adalind's blood did not get into Juliette. There's nothing in the potion to restore Nick's powers that would introduce a hexenbiest spirit into Juliette. it could only restore a pre-existing link.

        Loading editor
    • 82.21.236.214 wrote: What we know about hexenbiests we learned about from Adalind. From the way she lost her powers by ingesting the blood of a grimm. We saw a spirit that wasn't hers leave her body. Hexenbiests are therefore possessed. To regain her powers another spirit had to accept Adalind as being worthy, according to Stephania Both Adalind and Diana were apparently judged to be worthy. Adalind wasn't aware of the ritual. She doesn't know, Jack. Neither does Nick. 

      Henrietta said that Juliette has the blood of Adalind in her. I remembered Juliette and Nick drinking the potion to restore Nick's powers, but in fact they inhaled it instead. That meant Adalind's blood did not get into Juliette. There's nothing in the potion to restore Nick's powers that would introduce a hexenbiest spirit into Juliette. it could only restore a pre-existing link.

      I thought that Henrietta said that Adalind has Nick's blood in her and that's why she did what she did to Nick!

        Loading editor
    • They've said in Iron Hans (and hinted about it in other episodes) that it's a 1 in a million anomaly. I don't think much more is relevant past that. It was a fluke.

        Loading editor
    • Not a fluke. Just because they don't understand what happened doesn't make it a fluke or anomaly.

        Loading editor
    • flukenoun: fluke; plural noun: flukesunlikely chance occurrence, especially a surprising piece of luck.  You're right, in that just because they don't understand it doesn't make it a fluke. The fact that it's been confirmed by many sources that it was about a 1 in a million chance of happening, and something that no one could forsee is what makes it a fluke.

        Loading editor
    • When something happens none of your so called sources can forsee or understand, it's a mystery not a fluke. Yes, there's an explanation but there's no way it was a fluke.

        Loading editor
    • I still think that Elizabeth did it on purpose, making Juliette into a hexenbiest.

      Perhaps she didn't intend for it to be a permanent thing...that it would wear off in time.
      I don't know.

      But think about it...Adalind was a hexenbiest when she took the potion and slept with Nick, which took his powers away.
      That's three things, three elements that caused Nick to lose his powers.

      • Hexenbiest
      • Inhale potion, change into Juliette
      • Sleep with Nick


      Elizabeth had a mission...to reverse that spell and make Nick a Grimm again.
      She said "To beat a hexenbiest like Adalind, you need a hexenbiest like me."

      I think Elizabeth realized that for the reverse-spell to work...Juliette had to be a hexenbiest too.
      If Juliette were not a hexenbiest, then it would've only been two of the three elements.

      • Inhale potion, change into Adalind
      • Sleep with Nick

      How could that work?

      Everyone thinks it is a 'side effect' because they've never heard of someone being turned into a Hexenbiest without going through the Contaminatio Ritualis.
      So they think it has to be 'a fluke'.

      But we don't know, because Elizabeth left town.
      No one can ask her "Hey, what the hell did you do?"

      We don't know what Elizabeth does for a living, to make money.
      We know that she has money, because she bought that nice house for Renard.

      Renard mentioned one time, that when he was a boy & they were living in Russia, that people would come to his house for potions, from his mother.
      [in the 'Red Menace' episode]
      She has been on the run since Renard was born, so she can't exactly hold down a 'regular job'.

      So maybe Elizabeth has made her money by performing powerful magiks for hire.
      Who knows what someone might pay for becoming a hexenbiest...probably a lot.

        Loading editor
    • @ Lurkenfrau. Your theory is also a good one. I have thrown some in the game.  But unless they don't tell us what is going on, it's unnerving. Saying a kind of fluke doesn't satisfy me.

        Loading editor
    • I think there was something in the potion that changed Juliette's DNA and caused a mutation when she inhaled it. It wasn't an STD from Nick. 

        Loading editor
    • There was nothing in the potion to change Juliette's DNA.

      @Lurkenfrau I suspect Elizabeth Lascalles got money from King Frederic. I suspect she had a hand in his wife's demise. She was probably from of the other royal houses who all burn hexenbiests. I guess the two snakes trick can kill as well as give life. 

      I reckon a hexenbiest has have sufficient power to get a potion to have the desired effect. Adalind plus sex and potion was enough to remove Nick's powers but not enough for Adalind to steal them. She did manage to fall pregnant.

      Elizabeth is a more powerful hexenbiest. her restore powers potion is enough to restore Nick's powers back without Elizabeth having to take on Adalind's appearance and have sex with him. She wasn't using a create powers potion because then Nick wouldn't have got his acute hearing and ZombieGrimm back.

      There was no need for Juliette to take on Adalind's appearance and have sex. if Juliette wasn't a hexenbiest already with powers removed or suppressed nothing would have happened. Potion plus sex was powerful enough to counteract whoever removed or suppressed Juliette's powers. Elizabeth conned Juliette into taking part.

        Loading editor
    • There was another thing...

      When Adalind made her potion to remove Nick's powers...she used some of Juliette's hair.
      Adalind went to the trouble to go to Nick & Juliette's house, remember, got some of Juliette's hair...and then got into a fight with Renard there, when he showed up and asked her what she was doing.

      Elizabeth said that they had to recreate exactly what Adalind did, but in-reverse, for it to work.
      But...Elizabeth didn't use some of Adalind's hair.

      Maybe Elizabeth used some of her own hair, as a substitute for Adalind's hair?
      And maybe that is why Juliette turned into a hexenbiest.

        Loading editor
    • I thought they searched Adalind's still un-relet former appartment and found some of her hair. I thought they also searched her lock-up.

      If Elizabeth hadn't used Adalind's hair, Juliette could not have taken her appearance.

        Loading editor
    • 82.21.236.214 wrote:

      I thought they searched Adalind's still un-relet former appartment and found some of her hair. I thought they also searched her lock-up.


      They didn't show them do this though.

      They used so much airtime showing Adalind getting some of Juliette's hair...I wish they had shown us how Elizabeth obtained some of Adalind's.


      82.21.236.214 also wrote:

      If Elizabeth hadn't used Adalind's hair, Juliette could not have taken her appearance.


      They showed Elizabeth turning into Adalind too...twice.

      Maybe we weren't supposed to notice that they didn't mention "Adalind's Hair".

      There were several scenes where Elizabeth was naming off ingredients for recreating Adalind's potion...but she never mentioned hair-of-Adalind.

        Loading editor
    • You're right Elizabeth made the potion as Adalind. I remember them searching Adalind's lock-up and going back to her former appartment.

        Loading editor
    • Maybe some of the old potion is has been mixed with the new one.

        Loading editor
    • 82.21.236.214 wrote: You're right Elizabeth made the potion as Adalind. I remember them searching Adalind's lock-up and going back to her former appartment.


      Which episode did they show them "going back to her former apartment"?
      It had been a year since Adalind had an apartment in Portland...so I think you are mistaken.

      In episode 403, 'The Last Fight', they searched Adalind's storage unit for "a book that wouldn't open"...but they did not mention looking for Adalind's hair.
      No one ever mentioned even needing to find some of Adalind's hair.

        Loading editor
    • I'm not sure where you are going with this @lurkenfrau but we already know you can't take on someone else's appearance without some of their hair. The writers have already established this fact. Elizabeth and Juliette took on Adalind's appearance, so there must be some of Adalind's hair in the potion.

        Loading editor
    • Maybe Elizabeth didn't need Adalind's hair because she already had her esence. When they were looking for a place to make the potien she said that the storage unit was tainted by the esence of adalind, so she might just collected the some of that esence somehow and used it in the potion: I'm pretty sure taht the esence would work as well as the hairof even better, and that caused Juliette to turn into a Hexenbiest.

        Loading editor
    • Adalind's essence may have been enough for Elizabeth, but not for Juliette. No Adalind hair, no appearance as.

      There was nothing in the potion to restore Nick's powers that could possibly have created a hexenbiest.

        Loading editor
    • 82.21.236.214 wrote:

      I'm not sure where you are going with this @lurkenfrau but we already know you can't take on someone else's appearance without some of their hair. The writers have already established this fact.


      No.
      The writers established that that is how Adalind did it.

      We don't know if that is the only way it can be done.
      We only know that is how Adalind did it.

      82.21.236.214 also wrote:
      Elizabeth and Juliette took on Adalind's appearance, so there must be some of Adalind's hair in the potion.


      Or perhaps...Elizabeth was powerful and skilled enough to do something else that had the same effect.

      Elizabeth was shown doing other things that we haven't seen any other hexenbiests do...

      • Her eyes glowed and she froze a room full of people.
      • She brought her son back from death with a two-headed snake spell.


      We also were made aware that she was doing this:

      • She changes her own appearance to maintain her youthfulness.

      We were given the impression that Henrietta may have been doing this too, because of the way that Renard talked about her age...but we don't know for sure.


      82.21.236.214 also wrote:

      There was nothing in the potion to restore Nick's powers that could possibly have created a hexenbiest.


      And yet...that is exactly what happened.

      In the episode, Bad Luck, when Adalind got into Renard's SUV, she said that 'if Juliette was a hexenbiest, then Nick must have gotten his powers back'.
      She said this like the two things were linked together...like one thing meant that the other thing had to have happened.

      The point I am trying to make is...we don't know how Elizabeth accomplished her spell to re-Grimm Nick.
      We only know that it worked.
      And we know that Juliette was made into a hexenbiest in the process.

      Elizabeth told Monroe & Rosalee when they met at the hospital..."To beat a hexenbiest like Adalind, you need a hexenbiest like me".

      I have always thought that that was a curious thing for her to say..."to beat" Adalind.

        Loading editor
    • 86.44.19.153 wrote:
      Maybe Elizabeth didn't need Adalind's hair because she already had her esence. When they were looking for a place to make the potien she said that the storage unit was tainted by the esence of adalind, so she might just collected the some of that esence somehow and used it in the potion: I'm pretty sure taht the esence would work as well as the hairof even better, and that caused Juliette to turn into a Hexenbiest.


      This is a nice theory...but the storage unit was housing all of Catherine's possessions, Adalind's mother.
      It had been rented by the attorney who had settled her mother's estate, because Adalind had left town.

      Elizabeth said she needed a place "untainted by another hexenbiest"...she didn't mention 'Adalind's essence'.
      She may have been referring to both Adalind and her mother, Catherine.

        Loading editor
    • juliette was transformed through a complex process which can only occur by genetic transfusion made possible by the crossover of fundamental DNA material. its scientific if you are able to look at it like that. ive always believed that things that are made based on an archetypal model or template carries with it the purity of its percurssor, a best exemplary of its kind, like how an original version is always the most efficient. hereditary hexenbiests although pureblooded are subject to many physical defects or negative mutations that might have occured somewhere in their ancestral gene pool. juliette is pure not only in the sense that she was made, but because she is the first of her line so to speak, the first ancestor, unlike the diluted hexenbiests who might have mated with humans or half-zauberbiests in the past. and remember henrietta said that juliette was created in an "unorthodox way" which means that there are easier methods for humans to become hexenbiests and that due to the rarity of such an event as the verfluchte zwilingswester reversal ritual, juliette got turned into a hexenbeist as a result. it doesnt really make sense that juliette might have been a "squib" for lack of a better term (for anyone who doesnt watch harry pottery, theres always google) and that the verfluchte zwilingswester activated those dormant genes. and on the other hand, if we're all on board with the idea that a hexenbiest must die for another to be created, it wouldnt apply, because that would mean that for every hexenbiest birth, a hexenbiest would have to die, or the baby wouldnt live or be born a hexenbiest. 

      furthermore, i dont like to believe in the theory about how theres a purgatory of dead hexenbiest spirits waiting for human flesh vessels to be born so they can inhabit them.

      the fact the potion had to be inhaled rather than ingested in my opinion plays into the potency of the transformation, instead of being diluted through the digestive process, the potion (along with adalind's fundamental hexenbiest DNA) got absorbed straight through the pulmonary arteries and straight into the blood. while the basic genetic features eventually disappeared  (physical appearance) adalind's fundamental genetic markers are left behind in juliette's DNA, resulting in the potion permanently converting Juliette's DNA to replicate adalind's. think of the verfluchte zwilingswester as an emulsifier that somehow makes the melding of human and hexenbiest DNA possible, remember when elizabeth tasted the remnant of the potion and she turned into both juliette and adalind, it makes sense (at least to me) that because the potion does indeed contain traces of juliette's own DNA mixed in with adalind's it makes the transformation possible.

        Loading editor
    • The Grand Witch of Essex wrote:
      juliette was transformed through a complex process which can only occur by genetic transfusion made possible by the crossover of fundamental DNA material. its scientific if you are able to look at it like that. ive always believed that things that are made based on an archetypal model or template carries with it the purity of its percurssor, a best exemplary of its kind, like how an original version is always the most efficient. hereditary hexenbiests although pureblooded are subject to many physical defects or negative mutations that might have occured somewhere in their ancestral gene pool. juliette is pure not only in the sense that she was made, but because she is the first of her line so to speak, the first ancestor, unlike the diluted hexenbiests who might have mated with humans or half-zauberbiests in the past. and remember henrietta said that juliette was created in an "unorthodox way" which means that there are easier methods for humans to become hexenbiests and that due to the rarity of such an event as the verfluchte zwilingswester reversal ritual, juliette got turned into a hexenbeist as a result. it doesnt really make sense that juliette might have been a "squib" for lack of a better term (for anyone who doesnt watch harry pottery, theres always google) and that the verfluchte zwilingswester activated those dormant genes. and on the other hand, if we're all on board with the idea that a hexenbiest must die for another to be created, it wouldnt apply, because that would mean that for every hexenbiest birth, a hexenbiest would have to die, or the baby wouldnt live or be born a hexenbiest. 

      furthermore, i dont like to believe in the theory about how theres a purgatory of dead hexenbiest spirits waiting for human flesh vessels to be born so they can inhabit them.

      the fact the potion had to be inhaled rather than ingested in my opinion plays into the potency of the transformation, instead of being diluted through the digestive process, the potion (along with adalind's fundamental hexenbiest DNA) got absorbed straight through the pulmonary arteries and straight into the blood. while the basic genetic features eventually disappeared  (physical appearance) adalind's fundamental genetic markers are left behind in juliette's DNA, resulting in the potion permanently converting Juliette's DNA to replicate adalind's. think of the verfluchte zwilingswester as an emulsifier that somehow makes the melding of human and hexenbiest DNA possible, remember when elizabeth tasted the remnant of the potion and she turned into both juliette and adalind, it makes sense (at least to me) that because the potion does indeed contain traces of juliette's own DNA mixed in with adalind's it makes the transformation possible.

      This is what I had been thinking myself.  That such a potent potion from a very special book through a very special hat to become a very special hexenbiest like adalind created something of a bridge to the hexenbiest side f her through her human body. The hexenbiest gene at least is able to endure beyond the effects of the potion and because Juliette is superior in quality, perhaps certain genetic traits that would simply make for a superior specimen, the hexenbiest side manifests much more powerfully.  It might be thought of as an overdose, with literally the most powerful components possible being used i the spell on an ordinary human, her body might not be able to fully revert back to 100% Juliette and what she is left with is being biologically related to Adalind, alomst lack a sister.

        Loading editor
    • What caused Juliette to become a Hexenbiest? Totally possible that she was a recessive / gene-carrying Hexenbiest and didn't even know. We did learn a little about inheritance from Monroe and Rosalee in one episode:

      wesen x wesen = 100% wesen child
      wesen x kehrseite = 50% chance of wesen child, 50% change of kehrseite-gentrager
      wesen x kehrseite-gentrager = 100% chance of wesen child

      The only relative Juliette ever really talks about is her grandma. What if she was a kehrseite-gentrager ('gentrager' means 'gene carrier' in German) and her family hid her heritage from her because there was no point in her knowing? Or maybe they died before they could tell her?

      Just FYI/credit: I read this theory in a fanfic (title "Addendum GW"), so yeah it's a theory and it's not mine. But it makes sense--at least, it accounts for Juliette having a Hexenbiest heritage without knowing about it.

        Loading editor
    • 82.21.236.214 wrote:
      Nothing turned Juliette into a hexenbiest. the restore powers potion reawkened her hexenbiest nature.


      So your saying that Juliette was already a hexenbiest?

        Loading editor
    • Juliette was bitten by a cat which was actually adilands hexenbiest partener. she could die

        Loading editor
    • I keep going back to Elizabeths statemnet. To bet a hexenbiest like Adalind you need a hexenbiest like me. If Juliette was not truned into a hexenbiest like Elizabeth she would not have bet Adalind.  The idea Elizabeth knew she was  turning her into a hexenbiest could be a possibillity. Wasn't it strange Sean did not even consider contacting his mother. Also he mother was sure in a hurry to leave.  Also we do not knwo what it takes to make a hexenbiest. How much of the ritual was to create Diana and how mcuh was to actually return Adalinds powers.    

        Loading editor
    • Grimmaniac
      Grimmaniac removed this reply because:
      Non-productive/contributory comment
      02:39, August 3, 2016
      This reply has been removed
    • I copy my thoughts on this topic from the "Season 6 Predictions" thread in here:

      "In another thread it was pointed out, that no-one ever mentioned Adalinds hair being needed/used for the appearance spell to work. Adalind cut herself when she tried to open her mothers spell book. What if Renards mother used her (dried) blood instead?

      We know, if a Hexenbiest ingests Grimm blood, the Hexenbiest spirit leaves the "vessel" (Adalind in this case).

      We also know, if a Hexenbiest ingests some part of a dead Hexenbiest used in a specific potion, the Hexenbiest spirit gets supressed (again Adalind).

      So, what does ingesting Hexenbiest blood cause? Maybe Renards mother including Adalinds blood opened a "door". Like when she used the blackandred-twoheaded snake to get her son back from the dead and that Jack-the-Ripper-Spirit hitchhiked.

      When Adalind lost her Hexenbiest spirit she felt/seemed crushed. As if loosing a part of herself.

      Maybe those Hexenbiest spirits are the key to some mysteries. Like Dianas second heartbeat. Usually a Wesen only expresses the Wesenside when they hit puberty. But Diana seems to have had her spirit since the womb. These spirits seem to be separate beeings whithin a Hexenbiest. Hence the echo heartbeat.

      Back to Juliette: Assuming Renards mother used Adalinds blood and that opened a "door". Since it is Hexenbiest blood, it would only be logical for that door to be linked to Hexenbiests, specifically Hexenbiest spirits. Everyone keeps stressing, Juliette turning into a Hexenbiest was a one in a million sideeffect. Maybe it was. Maybe the only reason she turned into one, was because of Diana. We don't know where these Hexenbiest spirits come from. If they had a life of their own at some point, and therefore family. Stefanie said Adalinds new Hexenbiest spirit had chosen her. I think Juliette turned into a Hexenbiest because that Hexenbiest spirit had chosen Juliette. Why? 1) The open "door" made it possible. 2) This spirit is somehow related to Dianas Hexenbiest spirit (they are both very powerful). Therefore it took the chance to follow her into the (human) world.That might make Eve/Juliette think/feel like Diana is her daughter. Especially since she seems to supress her human side."

        Loading editor
    • Juliette ability was pure instinct. As she explained she did not even know how to deliberately  woge. 

        Loading editor
    • I know this seems out of topic, but going by the mythos of the show its possible for humans to be wesen, at least, hexenbiest, maybe juliet was powerful because of the very rare string of events that led to her becoming one, not just the verfluchte zwilingswester, but the introduction of adalind and nick into the process, a hexenbiest who regained her powers and a grimm, who knows

      but was wondering if there was an easier way for a human to become a hexenbiest, say through the contaminatio ritualis maybe? what do you guys think

        Loading editor
    • From what has been shown and siad about becoming a hexenbiest. The show does not even provide a plausible reason for why Juliette transformed. Some speculate it was Elizabeth doing. But that would mean what Adalind did to get her powers back was over kill. 

        Loading editor
    • ZooBlazer
      ZooBlazer removed this reply because:
      Image violates the image policies.
      04:07, April 2, 2017
      This reply has been removed
    • Syscrash53 wrote:
      Why was it so much eaiser for Juliette to get powers then for Adalind. It seems strange Adalind goes through the  contaminatie ritual and has much less power.  I would like to think it has something to do with Juliette's bloodline. The one character whos background has not be covered.
      Juliette is a expert marksman but has never fired a gun.
       She becomes a hexenbiest and can use her powers with no instruction. The show explains because Juliette was made is why she has so much power. Then what about Diana. She is way powerful and she was not made. Her dad is a zauberbiest. 

      Juliette is a expert marksman but has never fired a gun. correction she has

        Loading editor
    • Grimmaniac
      Grimmaniac removed this reply because:
      Off-topic and derogatory
      21:33, October 4, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • So cool!!!!!

        Loading editor
    • the hexenbiest plot line is like swiss cheese, full of holes.i  can name a least 7 problems with it.

      1- if man  made hexenbiests are so powerful why aren't there more of them?

      2-why isn't julliete pregant while adlind is ?

      3 what caused julliette to turn evil?

      4 why is there no cure for becoming a hexenbiest, but a cure for everything else?  

      5 why does that hexenbiest allure not asffect nick in regards to julliette?

      6- what is a hexenbeist  because thier cleary not wesen?

      7 what did make juliette a hexenbeist in the first place?

      my only answer for these is simply bad writing.

        Loading editor
    • no  my fellow A Grimmster 73.172.218.41 .

      i love your argument is the same questions as my on but i think  is not bad writing is lack of time. 

      I think after de episod 123  the plot wil return to the hexenbiest  but the NBC canceled the series and now that never wil apen and we nerver now ao this apen

        Loading editor
    • 94.133.70.227 wrote:
      no  my fellow A Grimmster 73.172.218.41 .

      i love your argument is the same questions as my on but i think  is not bad writing is lack of time. 

      I think after de episod 123  the plot wil return to the hexenbiest  but the NBC canceled the series and now that never wil apen and we nerver now ao this apen

      sorry im portuguese and don´t now write in inglesh

        Loading editor
    • 73.172.218.41 wrote:
      the hexenbiest plot line is like swiss cheese, full of holes.i  can name a least 7 problems with it.

      1- if man  made hexenbiests are so powerful why aren't there more of them?

      2-why isn't julliete pregant while adlind is ?

      3 what caused julliette to turn evil?

      4 why is there no cure for becoming a hexenbiest, but a cure for everything else?  

      5 why does that hexenbiest allure not asffect nick in regards to julliette?

      6- what is a hexenbeist  because thier cleary not wesen?

      7 what did make juliette a hexenbeist in the first place?

      my only answer for these is simply bad writing.

      I'll add a couple of questions to this......

      8 did Elizabeth keep the possible "side effects of the spell" a secret? Or did she try to tell Nick and Juliette but they didn't want to know?

        Loading editor
    • A Grimmster
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.